Bob Brooks brings to Capitol Counsel a wealth of experience on Capitol Hill, where he served as chief of staff to former Louisiana Congressman and Capitol Counsel Partner Jim McCrery. Brooks maintains strong relationships with the staff and members of the House Ways and Means Committee. Brooks’ practice is primarily focused on the areas of tax and energy. Brooks continues to serve as a trusted adviser to many powerful leaders in both the public and private sectors. In addition to his career in policymaking, Brooks has extensive political experience, having managed several successful congressional races and served as an operative for both the National Republican Senatorial Committee and the Republican National Committee’s presidential campaign team.
- University of Tulsa – J.D.
- University of Arkansas – B.S.
- Alpine Group, Washington, D.C., – Executive Vice President. Led the firm’s tax practice for eleven years. Engaged with legislators on the bonus depreciation efforts on Capitol Hill; helped make the small business expensing provisions permanent; and debated the issues surrounding the estate tax.
- Chief of Staff to Congressman Jim McCrery, 2001-2006
- Chief of Staff to Congressman Jay Dickey, 1993-1997
- Hilburn, Calhoun, Harper, Pruniski & Calhoon, North Little Rock, AR – Counsel, Litigator