David W. Jones is a founding partner of Capitol Counsel, LLC. With over 25 years of political and lobbying experience, he advises clients on policy, process and politics in Washington, D.C. and Richmond, Virginia. His clients have cut across multiple issue areas including technology, health care, tax, insurance, financial services, transportation, and real estate. Jones has developed effective strategies for trade associations, Fortune 500 corporations, non-profit associations and small companies.
Prior to joining Capitol Counsel, Jones served on the campaign staff of, or as a consultant to: Senator Max Baucus (D-MT), House Democratic Leader Dick Gephardt (D-MO), Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, Democratic National Committee, Congressman Patrick Kennedy (D-RI), Congressman Charles Rangel (D-NY), Senator Tom Harkin (D-IA), and Vice President Al Gore and President Bill Clinton’s 1992 Inaugural Committee. He was a member of the National Finance Committees of Hillary Clinton’s 2016 campaign and Clinton/Gore ’96.
- Democratic National Committee – Deputy National Finance Chair, 2020
- Kutztown University of Pennsylvania, Council of Trustees, 2004-2008; Appointed by Governor Ed Rendell.
- Historic Congressional Cemetery, Washington, D.C. – Board of Directors, 2016 – present
- American Council of Young Political Leaders (ACYPL) – Board of Trustees, 1997-2012. An international exchange program funded, in part, by the U.S. State Department.
- Mount Vernon, Alexandria, Virginia – Board of Visitors, 2005-2007; Appointed by Governor Mark Warner.
- Sousa Distinguished Service Award & Volunteer of the Year at Congressional Cemetery, 2014.
In 2015, the Southern Political Report named Capitol Counsel one of “The South’s Top Government Affairs Firms & Lobbyists” for its representation of clients in Richmond, Virginia.