De’Ana H. Dow is a partner and general counsel at Capitol Counsel, LLC. Dow is one of the most respected experts on energy markets and financial services issues in the country. Her specialty is knowledge of financial markets and the policies, rules and regulations of the Commodity Futures Trading Commission. She also is versed in the regulatory actions of the Securities and Exchange Commission, Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, Treasury Department and the Federal Reserve.
- Georgetown University Law Center – J.D.
- Bowie State College – B.S.
- Ogilvy Government Relations, Washington, D.C. – Senior Vice President. Specialized in futures and derivatives markets.
- CME Group, Washington, D.C. – Managing Director, Government Relations. CME is the world’s largest derivatives exchange.
- New York Mercantile Exchange (NYMEX), Washington, D.C. – Senior Vice President and Chief Legislative Counsel. NYMEX, before merging with the CME, was the world’s largest energy futures market.
- Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), Washington, D.C. – Associate Vice President and Counsel in the Market Regulation Department (previously called NASD).
- Commodity Futures Trading Commission, Washington, D.C. – Worked in a number of capacities over 22 years, including supervisory roles and counsel and special adviser to two Chairmen.
- Office of Senator Walter Dee Huddleston (D-KY), Washington, D.C. – Personal staff
- Minneapolis Grain Exchange – Public Director. A futures and options market known for its flagship wheat contract and index-based products. Members of the exchange include multi-national companies, brokers and speculators.
- Pathways for Living, Inc. – Board Member. A non-profit corporation that offers a variety of community service programs including a women’s shelter, day care and affordable housing.
- Montgomery County Delta Alumnae Foundation – Board Member. A non-profit corporation that supports programs benefiting youth, families and the elderly.
- D.C. Bar – Member
- American Bar Association – Member
As a lobbyist for CME, Dow managed the organization’s efforts related to the Dodd-Frank financial market regulatory reform bill; and as head lobbyist and regulatory counsel for NYMEX, she successfully guided the company through a complex legislative agenda aimed at eliminating critical liquidity providers from the markets. Dow successfully assisted clients through the Dodd-Frank Act implementation process securing significant regulatory language in a variety of rulemakings.