Ethan Pittleman is a principal with Capitol Counsel, LLC. Pittleman brings to clients strong congressional, gubernatorial and campaign experience with an emphasis on economic, energy, natural resources, Native American issues, health care, and drug policy.
- London School of Economics – M.P.P.
- Dickinson College – B.A., with honors
- Office of Governor John Kitzhaber (D-OR), Washington, D.C. – Deputy Director of Federal Affairs. Focused on appropriations, multistate initiatives and strategic coordination between the state of Oregon and Congress. Worked closely with the National Governors Association, Western Governors’ Association and the Democratic Governors Association.
- Office of Congressman Kurt Schrader (D-OR), Washington, D.C. – Policy Adviser. Responsible for a wide variety of issues including natural resources, energy, environment and foreign policy. Managed business issues for the congressman, including his chairmanship of the House Small Business Committee’s Subcommittee on Finance and Tax.
- Various fundraising capacities on congressional campaigns across the country.
While serving as policy adviser to Congressman Schrader, Pittleman helped pass the Small Business Financing and Investment Act of 2009 in the House, a large rewrite of the Small Business Administration’s lending and finance programs. Pittleman has worked with a variety of government, natural resources and conservation organizations in passing legislation to protect Oregon grant lands (including old growth trees), while allowing for sustainable timber harvests.