Patrick J. “Pat” Raffaniello is a partner at Capitol Counsel, LLC. Raffaniello advocates in Washington on behalf of his clients’ legislative and regulatory matters. Raffaniello primarily represents businesses before the tax-writing committees and the congressional leadership. With over 25 years of experience serving corporations, trade associations, and other business enterprises, he maintains strong working relationships with key policymakers and is committed to effective, ethical advocacy.
Washington College of Law at American University – J.D.
American University – B.A.
The State University of New York – A.A.
- PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP, Washington National Tax Service, Washington, D.C. – Principal. Specializing in complex tax policy advocacy, represented corporations and associations before the Congress, the Treasury and the Internal Revenue Service. That practice was acquired by Clark Consulting’s Federal Policy Group and continued to provide legislative and lobbying support to a wide range of clients on tax and other relevant issues.
- Collier, Shannon, Rill & Scott, Washington, D.C. – Partner. Specialized in government relations, international trade, antitrust, and Federal Trade Commission practices. Served as counsel for numerous associations and corporations.
- Congressman Bill Brewster (D, OK-03), Washington, D.C. – Chief of Staff. Served as tax counsel on legislation before the House Ways & Means Committee.
- National Rifle Association, Washington, D.C. – Director of Federal Affairs
- Unocal Oil Corporation, Dallas, TX – Manager of State Public Affairs. Lobbied state governments on behalf of the Fortune 100 integrated oil company.
- Southwest Energy Council, Dallas, TX – Executive Director. Led the association of nine energy-producing states lobbying on federal energy issues.
- United States Army Military Police Corps – 1975 – 1978
Member of the Bar of the District of Columbia