Denise Henry Morrisey is a founding partner of Capitol Counsel, LLC. She has been a lobbyist in Washington, D.C., for the past 30 years providing clients strategic, policy, and advocacy counsel. Morrisey brings to clients a detailed understanding of health care policy and extensive experience in dealing with House and Senate committees overseeing this policy. Morrisey has represented corporate and non-profit clients from across the health care spectrum on issues arising in virtually every major piece of health care legislation considered by Congress.
George Washington University – B.A.
- Strategic Health Solutions, Washington, D.C. – Founder of the boutique health care advocacy and consulting firm established in 2002.
- The Legislative Strategies Group, Washington, D.C. – Founder. Health care practice representing pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device companies; and trade and medical specialty associations.
- Gold and Liebengood/Burson Marsteller, Washington, D.C. – Principal. Managed health care, insurance, taxation and pension matters for clients including The Joint Commission and a coalition of organizations addressing health care reform.
- Health on Wednesday – Member. Washington- based women’s organization whose members work in government or the private sector in jobs focusing on health care.
- Caregiver Action Network – Board Member. A national organization committed to advancing the needs of caregivers across the United States.
Morrisey has developed and implemented successful legislative and regulatory strategies for Fortune 100 companies on a variety of issues ranging from fraud detection and abuse prevention to Medicare reimbursement and reform.